Three Network - Whats is like?

Author
Discussion

Chrismawa

Original Poster:

536 posts

87 months

Looking to purchase a SIM only deal. I was on Vodafone that was great for signal and data. I can get 40GB (5G) data for £13 per month or with Three I can get 120GB (5G) data per month.

The Three offer is tempting, but have heard mixed reports on the signal quality. Any views would be great.

gus607

884 posts

123 months

Two Three SIMs here plus Three 5G broadband, no complaints whatsoever.

ChocolateFrog

20,189 posts

160 months

Been with them for around a decade. Was on a £15 unlimited sim for about 8 or 9 years until they eventually pulled it. Think it's about £21 now.

Used to be brilliant abroad but they've stopped that now unfortunately. I used to be in France for 2 or 3 months a year and would burn through 100GB a month all for £15.

ChocolateFrog

20,189 posts

160 months

In terms of signal can't say I've noticed it being any better or worse than the others. OH is on Vodafone and it doesn't seem better. Worse if anything.

DE1975

372 posts

93 months

No complaints from me. I switched to a Smarty sim only deal (which uses 3's network). They do 60GB for £10/month. With no contract. If you try it and it doesn't seem good enough coverage for you, it's so simple to port your number to a new sim now that you can cancel after a month and go with someone else.

Think I'm done with contracts now. Will just buy a new phone every 4 or 5 years

surveyor

17,350 posts

171 months

Fine as long as you don't drop beyond the range of 3G. They don't do legacy 2G. Only going to be an issue ruraly nowadays.

Ofcom have a coverage map.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-inter...

Chrismawa

Original Poster:

536 posts

87 months

Thanks for the help. I went with the 60GB SMARTY deal mentioned above. With it being a rolling 1 month deal I can try it and see what its like and if no good go elsewhere.