Discussion

Murph7355

35,398 posts

243 months

Saturday 15th January 2022
quotequote all
Cryssys said:
Murph7355 said:
Has he *really* called it this? And is this *really* the intent?

Where is this detail coming from?

This could just be everyone reporting one throwaway comment by someone not involved. But because it's on telly, or in the Independent, he must have said it.

Maybe he did (and if he did, then he's a bigger tit than ever). Some will note that us being unsure is a problem in itself...but not if the majority of crap that gets bandied around has similar origins.
What makes you think he wouldn't say it?

https://www.google.com/search?q=operation+save+big...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1549913/boris-jo...
Not The Express or Google links to the Independent etc. I have as much disdain for our media as I do for our politicians wink

Stuart70

3,620 posts

170 months

quotequote all
Bye bye Boris smile. Soon…

MrGTI6

2,934 posts

117 months

quotequote all
Party-gate was discussed a lot at work this week, which is unusual as politics rarely comes up in conversation. A couple of lifelong Tory voters said they will be voting Labour at the next election as things stand. I've never voted Labour in my life yet I found myself in total agreement. Obviously this is a tiny sample size, but I think there's a lot of us who are just well and truly sick to death of these absolute s.

Jasandjules

68,607 posts

216 months

quotequote all
Pistom said:
Hardly a defence but who would be any more worthy of the position?

What would the benefit be for the country?
I accidentally trod in a more viable candidate whilst walking the dogs today.

Hippea

1,250 posts

56 months

quotequote all
What the hell is going on, how has he not resigned yet?

Mrr T

11,013 posts

252 months

quotequote all
Vanden Saab said:
Two years until the next election and four years after that at present rates would make it add up to at least volume 32.

This was from the start of Vol. 3..

Mrr T said:
This is not volume 3, I mean its more like volume 1, or a bit like a new volume. I will be dead in a ditch before there is a volume 5.

Come to think of it I have not seen this poster recently... hehe
Still around. Do you really think that post was a prediction?

That would explain your undying love for Boris.

I will admit I was wrong on Boris. I knew he was a lying, lazy, unprincipled man. But even I did not expect the performance would be so bad. I assumed he would last to the next election but that now seems unlikely.

Pupp

11,779 posts

259 months

quotequote all
Hippea said:
What the hell is going on, how has he not resigned yet?
It really is pitiful, the limpet-like clinging where he knows full well he is not wanted or in even the most tenuous sense fit to be. Someone needs to invent and administer political anti-foul after chiselling this pest off.

sospan

2,178 posts

209 months

quotequote all
The Tory movers, shakers and inner sanctum will be trying to work out an exit plan for Boris that minimises the effect on themselves. I wonder how many Boris supporters who have been vocal in either supporting him or still hanging onto his coat tails will also go?
There are several who have also shown a similar attitude to their being in power and thinking the Boris gravy train is a good idea.
Peerages to go without a fuss? Lucrative employment as advisors to companies and organisations?
I hear Boris is in Covid isolation. Convenient eh?

Lily the Pink

4,899 posts

157 months

quotequote all
Times Radio has it that tory MPs back in their constituencies for the weekend are being besieged by aggrieved voters telling them to write that letter to the chair of the 1922 committee.

blueg33

32,205 posts

211 months

quotequote all
MrGTI6 said:
Party-gate was discussed a lot at work this week, which is unusual as politics rarely comes up in conversation. A couple of lifelong Tory voters said they will be voting Labour at the next election as things stand. I've never voted Labour in my life yet I found myself in total agreement. Obviously this is a tiny sample size, but I think there's a lot of us who are just well and truly sick to death of these absolute s.
Same here. We never discuss politics, but it was a key topic for our Friday team meeting.

General Price

4,747 posts

170 months

quotequote all
MrGTI6 said:
We are years off an election.confused

Short Grain

2,388 posts

207 months

quotequote all
Countdown said:
Due to the number of parties held there 10 Downing Street is to be renamed Downing 10 Street.
GET DOWNing Street

amgmcqueen

3,260 posts

137 months

quotequote all
MrGTI6 said:
Why Labour...?!

MC Bodge

20,391 posts

162 months

quotequote all
amgmcqueen said:
Why Labour...?!
Probably because we have an archaic first past the post system....

MC Bodge

20,391 posts

162 months

quotequote all
I wonder how the current Mrs Johnson will handle it when she is no longer (soon hopefully) in such an apparently influential position?

Lily the Pink

4,899 posts

157 months

quotequote all
MC Bodge said:
I wonder how the current Mrs Johnson will handle it when she is no longer (soon hopefully) in such an apparently influential position?
She'll cry into her tofu and soy "milk" porridge.

Jasandjules

68,607 posts

216 months

quotequote all
amgmcqueen said:
MrGTI6 said:
Why Labour...?!
Indeed. I think Starmer would be worse.

MrGTI6

2,934 posts

117 months

quotequote all
amgmcqueen said:
MrGTI6 said:
Why Labour...?!
They're the only party with even a remote chance of unseating the Tories in my constituency. My local (Tory) MP actually appears to be defending Boris currently and has lost my vote in the next general election as a result.

cuprabob

12,685 posts

201 months

quotequote all
MC Bodge said:
Cliff may re-release his song Carrie smile

andygo

6,560 posts

242 months

quotequote all
MC Bodge said:
She will, of course be devasted! Imagine the heartache leaving all that hugely expensive wallpaper and paint behind.