Author
Discussion

JurassicGTS

1,070 posts

182 months

Yesterday (19:00)
quotequote all
Great news for you both.
Any chance of you bringing them down to Porsche on the Prom, Weymouth....WeyPop in July?

CarbonV12V

1,114 posts

170 months

Yesterday (20:54)
quotequote all
JurassicGTS said:
Great news for you both.
Any chance of you bringing them down to Porsche on the Prom, Weymouth....WeyPop in July?
Sorry. Unlikely from me. I am already traveling down from York to Bournemouth to collect the car.

M11rph

228 posts

8 months

JurassicGTS said:
Great news for you both.
I'll look nearer the date, but a distinct possibility.

Google tells me it's July 14th, 18:30-21:30.

JurassicGTS

1,070 posts

182 months

M11rph said:
I'll look nearer the date, but a distinct possibility.

Google tells me it's July 14th, 18:30-21:30.
That's correct.

JurassicGTS

1,070 posts

182 months

Out of interest, have either of you received your Porsche Driving Experience day for you current purchases?

M11rph

228 posts

8 months

JurassicGTS said:
Out of interest, have either of you received your Porsche Driving Experience day for you current purchases?
Yes.

Yesterday was for the current purchase. Received the code/invite about 2 months after the initial order/deposit and before an allocation was confirmed.

I had difficulty contacting the PEC at the end of last year, but got through on the phone about a month ago and booked it.

3pedals

5 posts

2 months

First Sea Lord said:
CRB14 said:
Ed T said:
Putting a deposit down on Wednesday for a GTS 4.0. Going Carmine Red, manual, platinum wheels, Bose, comfort access etc... What are peoples views on the GTS interior, as far as I can see it’s £3.5k for some carbon bits and coloured bits. What are people’s thoughts on leaving it off?

18 month wait…best hunker down
I went full leather (bordeuax / black) interior and haven't looked back once. I have GT Silver paint though so it was more of a classic option for me. I'm not a fan of race tex anyways. It's ok on the headliner, but I'd rather have leather.

For resale I don't think it really matters. I've not paid too much attention but the one option I do see that makes a reasonable difference to resale value is PDK.
Suspect we'll see what happened with 997s, esp GTS. PDK popular for first few years, and then later high demand for manuals which will be in shorter supply.
You are one of the very few going for black/bordeaux leather, and the GT silver, which I also did, but mine is a manual. Delivery expected in 4 weeks, can't wait.