Author
Discussion

vanman1936

Original Poster:

676 posts

206 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
I appreciate they may / may not be seen as a supercar and there is a US section but thought I would get more views here.

I had a deposit down on one for 2025 delivery and have just been offered a May build / August delivery (pre price rise). I had an Emira, R8 then/or 650s as my next three cars in the gap but this has thrown a first world spanner in my plans.

What are peoples thoughts on them?

Thanks

Soleith

294 posts

76 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
Love vettes but never owned one despite having had some muscle over the years. Somewhat uncertain about the shift to midrear, to me a vette has always been a fr car and there are so many versions of them being fr that I love that I almost struggle to love it. Almost.

Was thinking about it but got myself a Roma as had never had a Ferrari and wanted one/some before the ice ban. Now to fill out my forever garage would like a new f167 v12 Ferrari and some kind of V6 manual, maybe an emira. I'm somewhat light on liquid funds and garage space so needing to pick my targets for new cars carefully in the next X years, quite possible I won't be able to get f167 with my measly purchase history of only a Roma but if that's the case I'd potentially pivot to some muscle like a vette or the new dark horse Mustang. Maybe a v12 Aston although they're turbo.

Back on topic, it's not a traditionally stunningly proportioned vette but it's still gorgeous and I'm sure it handles well. Rhd for the first time ever makes it all the more appealing, had a LHD Mustang years ago in the UK and can be painful to live with at times. Sounds like you're a mid engine kind of guy given the other cars on your list but I'd imagine it will still feel very different from a traditional European mr sports/supercar. Go for it! Just be prepared that it may be tough to get out of over here. Definite leftfield choice and suspect the market isn't as large as it would be for any of the others on your list.

markclow

117 posts

118 months

I think it's a really solid choice.

You are getting something that goes and looks like a junior supercar, without the high maintenance of an exotic platform.

I have had a few Corvettes and they are very reliable and low maintenance.