Author
Discussion

500TORQUES

301 posts

2 months

Sunday 12th March
quotequote all
HardtopManual said:
He'd proudly order his steak "burnt to a crisp" and, when the cheese board arrived, ask where the Primula is.
He'd eat yours too, based on the size of his stomach.

Daston

5,996 posts

190 months

Sunday 12th March
quotequote all
I get that he has probably been told to shout a lot. However it doesn't have to be this way, I thought the DC MB pairing was fantastic when the BBC ran the show. It was like listening to two mates talk about a race that you also happen to be watching.

Adrian W

Original Poster:

13,105 posts

215 months

Saturday 18th March
quotequote all
Croft just said Verstappens failure is a turn up for the books, oops

Sixpackpert

4,397 posts

201 months

Saturday 18th March
quotequote all
His insistence that Logan’s time was deleted because he crossed line on the inside of turn 27 was embarrassing. Martin couldn’t understand as if you cross the line on the inside or outside you would hit a wall…ask Lando!

I thought it was because he crossed the pit line entrance, so did Martin. We were even treated to an onboard lap showing there was no way you could put a wheel over the line at turn 27 because of a wall!

It wasn’t until JV explained it from the pit wall that he understood…up until that point he had given the definitive explanation that made no sense!!

I just feel sorry for him now, not angry because I actually watch the footage and have some knowledge! I just feel sorry for the people that have to work with him!

Megaflow

8,704 posts

212 months

Sunday 19th March
quotequote all
I couldn’t help but notice he has been removed from the F1 YouTube channels qualifying highlights yesterday. I have high hopes for more of the same during the race highlights

paulguitar

19,239 posts

100 months

Sunday 19th March
quotequote all
He said today that Lewis and Max had 'brake-tested each other' here in 2021.

Completely unacceptable.

MarkwG

4,323 posts

176 months

Sunday 19th March
quotequote all
paulguitar said:
He said today that Lewis and Max had 'brake-tested each other' here in 2021.

Completely unacceptable.
Taking impartiality lessons from Fiona Bruce, maybe...

andygo

6,560 posts

242 months

Sunday 19th March
quotequote all
Another burning relevant fact was it was 17 years ago that Alonso got his 25th podium. Really? I was missing that nugget.... Get rid.

aterribleusername

187 posts

50 months

Sunday 19th March
quotequote all
Megaflow said:
I couldn’t help but notice he has been removed from the F1 YouTube channels qualifying highlights yesterday. I have high hopes for more of the same during the race highlights
Yep, the race highlights used the C4 commentary! Made it so much more watchable.

RobB_

990 posts

175 months

Sunday 19th March
quotequote all
Had the international feed on today, not once did my blood boil hehe

C Lee Farquar

4,008 posts

203 months

Advised that the tyre compounds had changed this year and then kept going on about how many laps the medium lasted last year, seemingly giving insight as to how long they would last this year.

Megaflow

8,704 posts

212 months

aterribleusername said:
Megaflow said:
Yep, the race highlights used the C4 commentary! Made it so much more watchable.
Didn’t it just!

2172cc

918 posts

84 months

It was on in the background for me yesterday so was never really paying full attention or listening to him... thankfully. Did we we get a switcheroo' or any of his other classics?

Dashnine

951 posts

37 months

2172cc said:
It was on in the background for me yesterday so was never really paying full attention or listening to him... thankfully. Did we we get a switcheroo' or any of his other classics?
No 'switcheroo' that I recall yesterday, there was the opportunity for one when Lewis took a different line through 1 & 2 and you could see was going for a pass (can't recall on who), the camera cut away and he didn't notice any of it as was probably reciting some meaningless stat.

Mac.

1,501 posts

216 months

Two things that I spotted yesterday; there was a point when Max was working his way up through the field and he carried too much speed into a fast left/right and the rear broke loose through the first left. The correction took Max wide through the right turn where there was (thankfully for Max) plenty of run off, missing the Apex and cutting the corner but no harm done. Croft commentated that he'd "outbraked himself". It was nothing of the sort, it was a loss of grip on the rear of the car that left the only option to correct and straighten the wheel and have no hope of making the next corner. Yet the fat shouty imbecile can only associate CORNER + OFF TRACK = OUTBRAKE HIMSELF and obviously spouted it like it was gospel.

The other example was that given above where Lewis was battling with someone, and those familiar with race craft could see what Lewis was doing, he was sacrificing some entry speed to take a different line to get on the power earlier and go for the overtake. It was one of those subtle things that anyone who has ever done a bit of go karting can see unfolding and it's lovely to watch an overtake being set up 2-3 turns in advance, but the fat shouty imbecile only has it down to GETTING BETTER DRIVE THERE because of the 3 LAP NEWER TYRES MAKING THE DIFFERENCE.

It's st like this that winds me up so much, wheel to wheel racing isn't just who can stomp on the accelerator, open DRS and stomp on the brakes later than the other guy, it's a subtle art where the leader and following driver are playing cat and mouse over a lap or two, figuring out where they are weaker or stronger, what line the other guy takes so they can plan a move 2-3 corners in advance. It's like a snooker player setting up a difficult ball position several shots in advance.

Yet the fat shouty imbecile can't see. He has one of the most privileged, prominent publicly facing roles in the sport, travelling the world commentating on these races with the best drivers and engineers in the world and has no fking idea what he's looking at on the screen.

Bernie Collins was brilliant, she gave her summaries in a logical, calm and clear manner and that is so much more interesting than the fat shouty imbecile.

LukeBrown66

3,763 posts

33 months

I am sure he is the apple SKY's eye, as he seems incapable of being dumped for better. Or he holds dirt on someone high up!

Mark V GTD

1,674 posts

111 months

Mac. said:
Yet the fat shouty imbecile can't see. He has one of the most privileged, prominent publicly facing roles in the sport, travelling the world commentating on these races with the best drivers and engineers in the world and has no fking idea what he's looking at on the screen.
Presumably he has never had personal experience of being a race car driver or he would be aware of all the stuff in your full post?

Mac.

1,501 posts

216 months

If he had, he’d be the type of person who went on an experience day, squeezed his head into a loaner helmet that was too small, held the steering wheel at 11pm and 1pm with a tight grip and lapped 10 seconds a lap slower then everyone else

Teddy Lop

7,340 posts

54 months

Mark V GTD said:
Presumably he has never had personal experience of being a race car driver or he would be aware of all the stuff in your full post?
Oh for the love of cheesecake take a look at him. The only thing he's ever raced towards is a buffet and the closest he'd get to experiencing race car driver is eating one if they weren't so evasive.

Teddy Lop

7,340 posts

54 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
Mac. said:
That's the incredible thing isn't it; ten years sat next to Mr Martin brundle and it hasn't dawned on him that people enjoy the sport on a far more technical level. He hasn't the brainpower to picture just what an imbecile he is or how stupid he comes across. I genuinely wonder how brundle & the rest cope with it.

I canned sky a couple of months ago, they didn't even ask why, I was going to cite crofty as ruining the main reason why I chuck a pile of money their way each month. And it's no lie; I'd rather pay the man and be guaranteed my Motorsport to relax to on the weekend, keep the drama on track, than faff around with VPNs and wotnot.