Short flights by football club players

Short flights by football club players

Author
Discussion

Countdown

36,396 posts

183 months

irc said:
Big enough island that flights save significant time. Aberdeen London. 90m flight. Train 7hrs+. Plane for me.
You're ignoring the time spent on getting to the airport, the faff of getting through Security, the amount of time spent at the Boarding gate. Admittedly the flight you've selected is still going to be quicker than Train but not to the level your post suggests.

beagrizzly

9,653 posts

218 months

Flooble said:
oyster said:
Electro1980 said:
Newcastle to Bournemouth, is 3h30 to fly plus however long it takes to get to the airport.
In a biplane maybe.
I can't find a flight from Bournemouth to Newcastle, so I assume Electro is talking about flying a Cessna on their own or something.

Since Exeter to Aberdeen is a 2h35m flight or a 9h45m drive, I think this is a case of either exaggerating for effect or careful selection of the chosen example.
I was assuming he was including time spent at the airport etc.

Though even with that I think 3.5 hours is a stretch.

ZedLeg

6,548 posts

95 months

Earthdweller said:
ZedLeg said:
Domestic flights should be banned imo. We’re not that big an Island.
You do realise that the U.K. is not one Island don’t you?

I regularly take domestic flights that go from one island to another .. Entirely within the country
Ah I knew that I should've edited to say mainland to mainland airports. The little puddle jumpers that the islands use are less polluting than the bigger jets and there's obviously more of a need in those situations.

From earlier in the thread.

Electro1980

7,639 posts

126 months

Flooble said:
oyster said:
Electro1980 said:
Newcastle to Bournemouth, is 3h30 to fly plus however long it takes to get to the airport.
In a biplane maybe.
I can't find a flight from Bournemouth to Newcastle, so I assume Electro is talking about flying a Cessna on their own or something.

Since Exeter to Aberdeen is a 2h35m flight or a 9h45m drive, I think this is a case of either exaggerating for effect or careful selection of the chosen example.
I’m basing it on Google results and average time taken to get through the airport.

I’d like to know, again, which premier league football team is going to Aberdeen…

Electro1980

7,639 posts

126 months

Diderot said:
CO2 isn’t a pollutant. You do understand that plants require CO2 to photosynthesise don’t you?
Look, we know basic science is a struggle for some, but if you could keep the nonsense in the climate change thread it would make everyone’s lives much better. If you haven’t managed GCSE level biology then probably best not to get involved in conversation about things you clearly don’t understand.