Yet another RE 4

Author
Discussion

Jasandjules

Original Poster:

68,607 posts

216 months

Well this has been released today I believe. The demo looked superb. But I have bought this game on three different systems so far, will get it for the PS5 when the price comes down to £10-15... I can't wait for that day!

mw88

1,362 posts

98 months

The remake of 2 was superb but I found 3 a bit disappointing. It looked great but was a bit short for £60.. But the original PS release was short.

I wasn't a big fan of 4 when it was first released. Might wait for the price to drop.

ZedLeg

6,548 posts

95 months

Nemesis was criticised for being too short back in the day. This looks cool and some of the qol changes they've made sound interesting.

Really waiting for the Silent Hill 2 remaster though.

MCBrowncoat

697 posts

133 months

My copy is arriving today, very excited

But I never played anything other than the original (and by that I also mean any other Resident Evils!) so might be a different level of anticipation compared to other players

It's a bit odd I never played the others... RE4 was right up there back in the day, for me, but wasn't it a long wait to 5? And also, in the era of PS2, I wasn't going to go back and play the earlier PS1 titles, because the PS2 was such a huge leap graphically and it was still in the era when game development was quick, so there would have been too many other titles to play coming thick and fast. That all change in the PS3 era onwards

So yes, looking forward to going back to this, hope it doesn't disappoint.

Jasandjules

Original Poster:

68,607 posts

216 months

mw88 said:
I wasn't a big fan of 4 when it was first released. Might wait for the price to drop.
Really? I loved it... And the Demo looked superb too (with a few extra knife moves)... I am looking forward to a price drop, I refuse to pay £60 for a game I have already bought three times before !!

Tobias Funke

209 posts

183 months

mw88 said:
The remake of 2 was superb but I found 3 a bit disappointing. It looked great but was a bit short for £60.. But the original PS release was short.

I must have played through the RE2 remake 7 or 8 times, played RE3 once and had no interest in playing it again.

I'll definitely get 4, but will probably wait until the price drops.

Aunty Pasty

420 posts

25 months

I enjoy all the RE games and I will be getting this one. I played RE4 HD version on PS4 so can wait a bit. RE games tend to fall in price relatively quickly IME.

Lucas Ayde

3,106 posts

155 months

Jasandjules said:
Well this has been released today I believe. The demo looked superb. But I have bought this game on three different systems so far, will get it for the PS5 when the price comes down to £10-15... I can't wait for that day!
Yeah, just too many RE4 remakes. remasters etc out there.

I bought the PS2 version on a physical disc to run on my PS3, then got the PS3 port when it came out because I liked the game and my second PS3 didn't have back-compat. Then got the VR version for my Quest2, because VR. No way I'm going to buy another version no matter how nice it is.

It is a great game though so anyone who hasn't played it is in for a treat.