Naomi Schiff

Author
Discussion

LukeBrown66

3,763 posts

33 months

Wednesday 15th March
quotequote all
Oh dear, so the buffoon doesn't even do any of thins, why would anyone think all that giff is necessary?

Unless they think all a commentator has to do is talk relentlessly for hours on end.

Makes it bloody worse!

500TORQUES

301 posts

2 months

Wednesday 15th March
quotequote all
LukeBrown66 said:
Oh dear, so the buffoon doesn't even do any of thins, why would anyone think all that giff is necessary?

Unless they think all a commentator has to do is talk relentlessly for hours on end.

Makes it bloody worse!
Blame this guy. There are others too.

https://www.planetf1.com/features/20-years-virtual...

rscott

13,996 posts

178 months

Thursday 16th March
quotequote all
LukeBrown66 said:

Makes it bloody worse!
How would you know what he's like - you're forever telling everyone you don't watch F1 any more.

Sandpit Steve

7,618 posts

61 months

Thursday 16th March
quotequote all
500TORQUES said:
Blame this guy. There are others too.

https://www.planetf1.com/features/20-years-virtual...
Sean Kelly is very good at what he does, providing a whole pile of stats to more than a dozen broadcasters, both in advance and live during the sessions.

I’m not sure he expects Crofty to act like he’s lost a bet and needs to find a way to shoehorn every single provided statistic into the commentary!

LukeBrown66

3,763 posts

33 months

Thursday 16th March
quotequote all
I do not need to watch every damn session to realise how much of a tool Croft is, I had enough of it in the days when I did watch the odd session or race

Add to the discussion or leave, it's that simple chap. bhing isn't adding anything it just makes you look daft!

SteBrown91

1,955 posts

116 months

Friday 17th March
quotequote all
I see Bernie Collins (ex Aston strategist) has been announced as a new pundit for Sky - hopefully she will bring something useful to the coverage and an insight from a strategy angle. Looking forward to see how she gets on

super7

1,681 posts

195 months

Friday 17th March
quotequote all
SteBrown91 said:
I see Bernie Collins (ex Aston strategist) has been announced as a new pundit for Sky - hopefully she will bring something useful to the coverage and an insight from a strategy angle. Looking forward to see how she gets on
The Schiff will know better, dive in and answer Bernie's questions for her!! Strategy in a 20min Clio race is just as important as a 1hr30m GP!!!!!

entropy

5,089 posts

190 months

Friday 17th March
quotequote all
SteBrown91 said:
She appeared on F1TV with great insights. Great addition for Sky.

nordboy

837 posts

37 months

Friday 17th March
quotequote all
SteBrown91 said:
I think she's going to be a great addition, hopefully keep the dhead croft in place. Very different pov from a strategist, which is great. And i'm sure she'll grow into the role as well.

Drawweight

2,553 posts

103 months

Friday 17th March
quotequote all

I’ve just listened to Bernie on Sky and wow!!

Just get rid of the rest of the presenters as her insight is all we need.

Pflanzgarten

2,055 posts

12 months

Friday 17th March
quotequote all
nordboy said:
SteBrown91 said:
I think she's going to be a great addition, hopefully keep the dhead croft in place. Very different pov from a strategist, which is great. And i'm sure she'll grow into the role as well.
Came on here to find out who she was as only half watching at work-from what I did hear she sounded great.

HustleRussell

22,879 posts

147 months

Friday 17th March
quotequote all
Should we just cut the crap and re-name the thread ‘WIMMIN on Sky F1’?

FourWheelDrift

86,369 posts

271 months

Friday 17th March
quotequote all
I heard "Bernie" and I thought for a moment Ecclestone was back.

cgt2

5,138 posts

175 months

Friday 17th March
quotequote all
FourWheelDrift said:
I heard "Bernie" and I thought for a moment Ecclestone was back.
Every time they referred to Bernie I thought the same. They need to think of a nickname for her or the season will be very confusing.

HustleRussell

22,879 posts

147 months

Friday 17th March
quotequote all
I bet fewer than half of current F1 viewers know who Bernie Ecclestone is.

RicksAlfas

12,797 posts

231 months

Friday 17th March
quotequote all
SteBrown91 said:
She was very good I thought. Really good addition and her experience is bang up to date.

cgt2

5,138 posts

175 months

Friday 17th March
quotequote all
She's excellent. Good job Sky

SteBrown91

1,955 posts

116 months

Friday 17th March
quotequote all
RicksAlfas said:
She was very good I thought. Really good addition and her experience is bang up to date.
I’m on holiday until tomorrow so not really had chance to watch any coverage but look forward to watching tomorrow night

Roman Moroni

713 posts

110 months

Saturday 18th March
quotequote all
RicksAlfas said:
SteBrown91 said:
This and this again.

Really good and informative insight to the workings of a F! Team on race day

gt_12345

689 posts

22 months

Saturday 18th March
quotequote all
RE Bernie, at least Sky do hire some people based on ability....